iWOW offers a comprehensive iTegno Cellular Modem solutions using GSM/GPRS for automatic metering read (AMR) application to contestable customers in Singapore Energy Market. The Energy Market Authority (EMA) has liberalised the retail electricity market in stages to progessively increase the number of Commerial & Industrial (C&I) consumers to purchase electricity from the licensed retailer. iWOW, in collaboration with the electricity retailers, provides a more efficient and cost effective AMR communication solution, including supply, installation and commissioning of iTegno cellular modem to existing TOD meter, to the contestable consumers. It requires not additional infrastructure and optimises data transmission via public networks, providing utiltities with reliabile communication solution at lowest cost. The comprehensive solution includes connectivity services to ensure smooth and ease of deployment to these C&I customers.
- iTegno Cellular Modem for AMR
- Key Benefits
iTegno AMR modem solution uses proven cellular networks as a very cost effective and reliable solution for remote meter reading. Full use of the benefits offered by GSM data call, and GPRS can be achieved.
- Site Survey – iWOW will conduct survey to review of the meter set-up, and access the condition of the meter site to ensure that installation meets the challenging environment. Network inspection will be conducted to take account of the type of antenna use and location/direction of where it should be placed at the respective coverage area.
- Supply of iTegno Cellular Modem – iTegno cellular modem will collects data from the electric meter and transfer data to a central database server. The proposed iTegno modem is a proven industrial grade cellular modem that will interface with the existing electric meter.
- SIM Connectivity – iWOW will provide the SIM connectivity and activation set-up; ensure the right SIM provisioning is provided to connect to the central database server of SP Services.
- Installation – An industrial IP rated panel enclosure will be used to encase the iTegno modem set-up. It is highly suited for applications requiring low maintenance and high reliability when deployed in industrial and commercial areas. iWOW will work closely with SP Services to coordinate the whole installation.
- Commissioning - iWOW will install the iTegno modem to the existing meter and do automatic connections check. iWOW coordinate with SP AMR section to verify communication and ensure a smooth transition.
- Monthly Connectivity Services – Our solution comes with connectivity services for 24 months period where iWOW also helps to maintain the device health check.
- Extended warranty –Extended warranty where customers can be ensured that the system runs smoothly within the contacted period.
- Less capital investment – More cost effective and efficient operations by eliminating costly field visit.
- Less meter inaccessibility issue –No requirement for field inspector to enter into customer’s premise and no requirement to send staff to unlock gates
- Eliminate error reads –Increase billing accuracy and reduce the need for rereads.
- Robust AMR system– Feature an industrial power supply with an IP rated mechanical design that secures the iTegno modem.
- Comprehensive M2M connectivity services - Constant monitoring of modem for smooth connectivity. Ownership and maintenance cost are kept to the minimum.
- Future Proof Solution – Upgradability to GPRS connectivity for future deployment. Capital investments in secured against communication network migration for current GSM data call to GPRS without change of equipment.