iTegno Smart Metering solution for Automated Meter Reading/ Advanced Metering Infrastructure communications. Offering unparalleled wireless solutions and industry expertise in M2M wireless communication, iTegno Smart Metering empowers multi-utilities including water, gas or electricity to build and implement smart metering through a flexible, scalable and reliable communications system. From systems using cellular or hybrid RF technology; fully integrated wireless solution or custom-designed systems, iWOW provides smart metering deployment with control and intelligence for added operations efficiencies, reduce costs, conserve energy and improve customer service .
No single or fixed communication network solution covers the entire population for smart metering deployment due to factors such as technology topology, legislation, population density, existing infrastructure and geographical terrain. iTegno Smart Metering offers clean modular design, enables maximum flexibility in choosing the technology path to form the communication architecture for smart utility. Utilities can chose from Local Area Network (LAN) options like RF mesh, RF point-to-point technology or WAN options including GPRS, 3G to enable smart metering. Our iTegno Sensor Interface Units (SIU) and Data Concentrator Unit (DCU) operate on 433 MHz / 868 MHz /902-928 MHz ISM licensed-free band to build a scalable and reliable fixed network system. The WAN design (e.g. GPRS/3G) provides long-range capabilities and enables remote endpoint communication for Automated Meter Reading / Advance Metering Infrastructure backhaul system. WAN option using iTegno Cellular Modem can also connect meters individually to communicate directly with AMR/AMI in Commercial & Industrial applications or in challenging rural or data privacy regulated environment.
- How it Works?
- Key Attributes
- iTegno Smart Utilities runs a web-based application on an application server and data base server that handles two-way communication via the hybrid wireless network. Combining a local area network (LAN) and a wide area network (WAN) backhaul, the hybrid solutions delivers a reliable and affordable data communications with excellent range and data throughput.
- iTegno Sensor Interface Unit (SIU) collects meter usage data from up to four meter registers and analyse information. The meter data and alert (e.g. tamper, statics read, etc.) are transmitted over LAN via RF point-to-multipoint or RF mesh.
- iTegno Data Concentrator Unit (DCU) gather meter data and alert over LAN and relay info back to Control and Management Centre via a WAN backhaul using GPRS, upgrade path to UMTS/HSPA.
The Control and Management Centre receives uploaded data from DCU. It manages the meter information and delivers rich, customizable reporting features.
- Open standard and interoperability to ensure diversity of solutions and cost efficiency
- Flexibility to support multi-utilities such as electricity, water and gas
- High performance network optimised for real time applications
- Scalable architecture to enable utilities providers to deploy from POC to nationwide deployment
- Ubiquitous engineering to meet the various terrains and challenging environmental conditions using multiple communications technologies
- Cost effective in bringing value to end-users and deferring capital investment for utilities provider