iTegno Sensor Interface Unit (SIU) is part of the Automated Meter Reading (AMR)/ Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) communications for iTegno end-to-end smart metering platform.
The battery operated iTegno SIU provides a direct connections to various AMR/AMI ready meters equiped with a sensor. iTegno SIU collects pulses from the water or gas meters, stores the acculmulated pulse and transmit data reads at a programmable interface. It can interface with up to 4 meters to deliver time stamped reads, alerts and irregular operational data like tampering, and system mulfunction.
It works together with a data concentrator unit to offer a two-way communication link via the fixed area network, mesh network to the central control. iTegno SIU-enabled meters make networking simple and easy to deploy.
- Secure, reliable, licence-free radio communication
- Proven resilient network for two-way wireless communications
- Compatible with a wide range of meters from leading meter manufacturers
- Long range and resistance to obstacles for use in hard-to-reach places
- Ultra low power design with power management of up to 10 years battery life
- IP rated enclosure, rugedized to suit harsh and challenging field conditions